Which reverb pedal?

• Thread starter giblesp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
It was a long frustrating journey. I hated the Boss RV-5, got a Source Audio Soundblox2 that sounded perfect, dead quiet, had a cool sci-fi look and was versatile as f***, but broke down - found out later they all do. Bought and flipped the most respected boutique pedals (yeccchhh!!!), Ended up with two: Wampler faux Spring and Dwarfcraft Treeverb. I use the Wampler because I was after an "always on" pedal because I just went from a Twin to an AC30 then a Dr. Z with no verb and found I had accidentally addicted myself to a tiny splash always being there. In the process I found that "always on" means it has to be quiet, the Achille's heel of most verbs, overpriced or not. The Spring is wonderful at being the simulation of the big tube stand alone three knob Fender box, and the Treeverb does a lot of groovy shit, more than I can get into here; more of an "effect" reverb that's awesome. It can do the "tiny splash" in a pinch but it's not what they made it for. Both of these are GREAT pedals of two different breeds. AND......both very quiet.

giblesp

Reaction score
It was a long frustrating journey. I hated the Boss RV-5, got a Source Audio Soundblox2 that sounded perfect, dead quiet, had a cool sci-fi look and was versatile as f***, but broke down - found out later they all do. Bought and flipped the most respected boutique pedals (yeccchhh!!!), Ended up with two: Wampler faux Spring and Dwarfcraft Treeverb. I use the Wampler because I was after an "always on" pedal because I just went from a Twin to an AC30 then a Dr. Z with no verb and found I had accidentally addicted myself to a tiny splash always being there. In the process I found that "always on" means it has to be quiet, the Achille's heel of most verbs, overpriced or not. The Spring is wonderful at being the simulation of the big tube stand alone three knob Fender box, and the Treeverb does a lot of groovy shit, more than I can get into here; more of an "effect" reverb that's awesome. It can do the "tiny splash" in a pinch but it's not what they made it for. Both of these are GREAT pedals of two different breeds. AND......both very quiet.

Thanks for that man.

What pedals are you using them with? Are they buffered or TB?

Marshall4Metal

Reaction score
RV-6 just got done throwing down with it on Hall it just sounds so good it's the best time based effect i've ever had. The tone knob actually works and really warms up the reverb tails making it sound natural like it's part of the amp and not something sitting on top of the tone. I love this Reverb and it has the best buffer you could want it actually enhances the tone.