YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dash8311

Reaction score
201 watts of unleashed fury!

68971_10151445145733071_1528998613_n.jpg

dash8311

Reaction score
The YJM is back from Vancouver, it sounds great.

Gate still isn't working properly but at least I can play it a little bit...

dash8311

Reaction score
Question for our resident YJM experts:

I'd like to hook up both of my 4x12s to the head and hear what it sounds like. In reading the manual, it clearly states:

8Ω: connect a single 8 Ohm guitar cabinet or two 16 ohm guitar cabinets

Warning: Although the YJM100 amplifier has 5 loudspeaker outputs, never attempt to connect more loudspeaker cabinets than rated. The safe combinations are 1x16 Ohm, 1x8 Ohm, 1x4 Ohm, 2x16 Ohm or 2x8 Ohm. Any other configuration may stress the power amplifier section and in extreme cases may lead to valve and/or output transformer failure

483574_10151445221788071_2006945508_n.jpg

I interpret the manual description and the layout/graphic above to being able to hook both of my 16Ω cabs to the amp via the jacks in the red box individually.

It seems clear but as I've already had numerous problems with my YJM (and honestly gun-shy about causing any more harm), I thought I'd ask!

Thanks gents!

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for our resident YJM experts:

I'd like to hook up both of my 4x12s to the head and hear what it sounds like. In reading the manual, it clearly states:

483574_10151445221788071_2006945508_n.jpg

I interpret the manual description and the layout/graphic above to being able to hook both of my 16Ω cabs to the amp via the jacks in the red box individually.

It seems clear but as I've already had numerous problems with my YJM (and honestly gun-shy about causing any more harm), I thought I'd ask!

Thanks gents!

That is correct!
General rule of thumb is if you want to run 2-1/2 it!
(So if you had two 4ohm cabs I guess you'd be stuffed!)

:thumb:

dash8311

Reaction score
Functioning gate or not, I think the YJM will stay at home for few weeks, it sounds too good...

dash8311

Reaction score
Yes, and sounds great, very warm. I haven't had a chance to really turn the EPA up though - the landlords leave for a 3 week cruise this week...

Argon66

Reaction score
Jeez...got me thinking about what input i have into the back of the amp from my cab.

I have a 212 16ohm cab.

Might be obvious and a stupid question, but I should be plugged into the 1X16 ohm input on the far right ....right?

dash8311

Reaction score
Jeez...got me thinking about what input i have into the back of the amp from my cab.

I have a 212 16ohm cab.

Might be obvious and a stupid question, but I should be plugged into the 1X16 ohm input on the far right ....right?

Correct.

I found this, which is awesome if you know how your speakers are wired:

Speaker Impedance (select Impedance Calculator)

Works great on my iPhone, not sure what it looks like on a web browser...

kingbee

Reaction score
Used my YJM100 with a Southern Rock Band that I used to play with last night. A friend of ours set up the gig so that the last set was all Lynyrd Skynyrd and Artimus Pyle was our drummer! Place called Maggie's in Albany, NY. Anyways, the amp just kills. People can't say enough about the tone! Love it!

Argon66

Reaction score
I was messing around with the EPA at home today.

Had the amp in 50W mode, and cranked the EPA to about 2:00.

HOLY CRAP! The EPA works well, but man the amp's tone, gain and sustain was unbelievable the more it opened up. No need for a boost here. Tons of thick overtones.

My acoustic guitars were buzzing with the vibration. It was pretty loud. :dude:

so how can you tell what wattage the amp is at with the EPA. Would 12:00 on 50W be 25W? What about on the 100W setting.

Anyhow, I find at 12:00 the real character of the amp really starts to come out.

Anyone else find the same?

dash8311

Reaction score
Agreed, it really comes alive once the EPA is turned up.

I'm not sure about your questions regarding the actual wattage.

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
Used my YJM100 with a Southern Rock Band that I used to play with last night. A friend of ours set up the gig so that the last set was all Lynyrd Skynyrd and Artimus Pyle was our drummer! Place called Maggie's in Albany, NY. Anyways, the amp just kills. People can't say enough about the tone! Love it!

Another Skynyrd and Southern Rock fan. Awesome! I also use the amp with my band which is a pure Southern Rock band. Have you got any videos? Would love to hear the tone you got! I can get some awesome Rickey Medlocke (I even use his current amp settings, that he uses on his Wizard Vintage Classic :thumb:) , Allen Collins and Gary Rossington sounds out of it :dude:
The amp just loves my Explorer and Les Paul, as well as the Strat of course! :naughty:

db3266

Reaction score
I'm still chasing Beano tone, it's getting closer.

I've learnt to turn the tone down on the guitar to about 5 with the bridge pickup volume on 10.

I'm also running the Xotic BB preamp, gain at 12 o'clock, level at about 10 o'clock.

I've not quite got all this under my fingers yet, but it is getting there. Maybe another week of continually playing it will get this nut cracked.......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMYXZQJxZY"]Hideaway - YouTube[/ame]

I then tried some cleaner tones, I can't remember the guitar settings. Interestingly I didn't touch the amp.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pggr0aF3KXw"]IfYouBeMyBaby - YouTube[/ame]

Amp settings for both the above, is presence at 9 o'clock, everything else at 12 o'clock. VI cranked, VII about 1 o'clock. I haven't changed the amp settings in a long time. I'm learning there is more to be had from guitar volume and tone than maybe the amp EQ's. I do leave the BB preamp on 90% of the time.

I should add that all of this is with EPA just above 9 o'clock. So not unreasonably loud.

I used the iPhone to record the above, so it's not the best quality......

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
I'm still chasing Beano tone, it's getting closer.

I've learnt to turn the tone down on the guitar to about 5 with the bridge pickup volume on 10.

I'm also running the Xotic BB preamp, gain at 12 o'clock, level at about 10 o'clock.

I've not quite got all this under my fingers yet, but it is getting there. Maybe another week of continually playing it will get this nut cracked.......

Hideaway - YouTube

I then tried some cleaner tones, I can't remember the guitar settings. Interestingly I didn't touch the amp.

IfYouBeMyBaby - YouTube

Amp settings for both the above, is presence at 9 o'clock, everything else at 12 o'clock. VI cranked, VII about 1 o'clock. I haven't changed the amp settings in a long time. I'm learning there is more to be had from guitar volume and tone than maybe the amp EQ's. I do leave the BB preamp on 90% of the time.

I should add that all of this is with EPA just above 9 o'clock. So not unreasonably loud.

I used the iPhone to record the above, so it's not the best quality......

Sounds great, man! :dude: