YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
They're great & kinda have a powerful 'snap' to them!
They tend to be the Marshall match for the YJM/Plexi's or at least what i've seen from their demo's at least!
Only thing to take note is you can't run the YJM full volume in 100 watt mode with just one AX cab!

:thumb:

Yeah, I knew that. That's the only thing that makes you not want to buy an AX. But let's be honest: Where in the world would you crank a Marshall 100w Super Lead all the way up to maximum? Nowhere, of course!

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I knew that. That's the only thing that makes you not want to buy an AX. But let's be honest: Where in the world would you crank a Marshall 100w Super Lead all the way up to maximum? Nowhere, of course!

Here don't know if you have seen this before this is using an A cab & it sounds good to me!
I prefer from 6.20 with the humbuckers myself!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhf_2dESt4]Getting classic rock blues tones from the Marshall YJM100 head - YouTube[/ame]

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score

duncan11

Reaction score
Anybody on here, who runs his YJM through a 1960A cab with Celestion GT1275 speakers (standard)? It was the first cab I've ever tried the YJM with and I think it sounded pretty good too. I'am also thinking about getting this one as far as I have to pay my drivers license and the 1960AHW might be too expensive for now. Do you think it will sound awesome with the 1960A too (classic Rock)? And remember, Yngwie uses 'em in his cabs too! :D

I ran mine at first that way. It sounds decent but with the V30's I think it sounds better. Just my preference. My 2x12 1936 cab still has those speakers in it, when I really want to capture Beano tone I use that and the YJM. The V30's seem louder to me for some odd reason. Just my ears I guess. can't go wrong with either imho.

JimiRules

Reaction score
Anybody on here, who runs his YJM through a 1960A cab with Celestion GT1275 speakers (standard)? It was the first cab I've ever tried the YJM with and I think it sounded pretty good too. I'am also thinking about getting this one as far as I have to pay my drivers license and the 1960AHW might be too expensive for now. Do you think it will sound awesome with the 1960A too (classic Rock)? And remember, Yngwie uses 'em in his cabs too! :D

I used my buddy's 1960A cab for a while with my YJM and it sounded good. I just got a 1960AHW a couple of months ago and it sounds awesome!

JimiRules

Reaction score
Here don't know if you have seen this before this is using an A cab & it sounds good to me!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhf_2dESt4]Getting classic rock blues tones from the Marshall YJM100 head - YouTube[/ame]

After watching that clip I immediately pulled the trigger on my YJM.

Redstone

Reaction score

Getting classic rock blues tones from the Marshall YJM100 head - YouTube

After watching that clip I immediately pulled the trigger on my YJM.

That's one of the clips that made me pull the trigger on my YJM too. That and the advice from the great folk over here a the Marshall forums. I was going to go for an AFD, but I'm more of a Plexi fan. If it wasn't for these guys telling me that I could find one for cheap if I looked, I wouldn't have looked at all. YJMs are usually 1950 here, I got mine for 1550 :thumb:

Ealdst

Reaction score

Getting classic rock blues tones from the Marshall YJM100 head - YouTube

Another person here who was influenced by this video on buying a YJM, it's a shame I'm finding the Andertons videos have gone downhill over the past year, they seem to have headed down the road of being just outright silly rather than the mix of humour and information they used to be. Plus every video Chappers seems to be playing the same things now. I used to watch all the videos they uploaded but now I only bother when I'm specifically interested in the product they're showing.

JIMJAM

Reaction score
Owned the YJM 3 weeks now. I now have 3 cabs in which to squeeze more tones out of. A stock Mesa 2x12 with C30s, a Mesa 2x12 with Celestion Golds and a very modded Marshall MC212 with 2 celestion V30s.
The MC212 sounded like crap even with $600 worth of golds in em. Just a muddy mess.I got a new Mesa cab and swapped speakers putting the v30s in the Marshall.I also replaced the particle/fiber?? wood back with a solid piece of oak.Nice and hard and to my surprise now kicks major ass!!
The punchy V30s in that big cavern cab now thumps.barefoot on wood floors is a major treat.My advice is get them cabs off the stands and on the floor.Much better overall response and base.

Sorry about the mess but getting ready to move to a much larger house.I will have a huuuuuge room, about the size of a large double garage under the house. I should be able to wreck my eardrums and go deaf in peace down there.

Also man does this head put out some heat! During the winter it will double as a space heater but here in the south summer is going to be hell.

Attachments

• cabssss.jpg
    cabssss.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 19

dash8311

Reaction score
Looks good JimJam!

Gents,

I finally opened up my YJM (around 12 o clock) and along with my 1 watter and it's own 4x12, the sound is enormous.

Absolutely amazing.

I love this amp.

Dealmaker

Reaction score
Another person here who was influenced by this video on buying a YJM, it's a shame I'm finding the Andertons videos have gone downhill over the past year, they seem to have headed down the road of being just outright silly rather than the mix of humour and information they used to be. Plus every video Chappers seems to be playing the same things now. I used to watch all the videos they uploaded but now I only bother when I'm specifically interested in the product they're showing.

Yeah I agree....he just comes across as a self promoting twat these days....I think they need a new guy

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree....he just comes across as a self promoting twat these days....I think they need a new guy

Yeah i think they unfortunately got to the point where they thought their 'comedy' act was more interesting than the gear-shame really.......
Oh & Chappers looks a twat with 'dreadlocks'!

:lol::lol::lol:

:D

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
My AFD is cooler.

lolz

34878005.jpg

:naughty:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes two AFD to match the fookin fury of my YJM! :lol:

Have you still got that iphone clip you did of them AXE?
There's probably a few guys on here that'd like to hear it!
(For those that haven't heard it-it sounded fat as fuck!!!)

:lol::lol::lol: