YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

db3266

Reaction score
I've played a few vintage Fender amps and also a Bassman. I much prefer the Bassman fuller rounder tone than the YJM. More in line with what I'm looking for. I can make it sound like a Marshall if needed with a pedal. I get the best of both worlds.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I've played a few vintage Fender amps and also a Bassman. I much prefer the Bassman fuller rounder tone than the YJM. More in line with what I'm looking for. I can make it sound like a Marshall if needed with a pedal. I get the best of both worlds.

Maybe you need a pedal that makes your YJM sound like a Bassman, an EQ in the loop can drastically alter the tone of an amp :hmm:

arock

Reaction score

I understand your interest in the Bassman tone. Recently picked this Bassman 100T up (still have my YJM, but needed a real bass amp). But the vintage channel on this kills for guitar too - very chime-y cleans (is that a word?), and takes pedals very well. Good luck in your quest for tone!

Attachments

• 20130515_165909.jpg
    20130515_165909.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
If money is not a problem, I'd get a Wizard amp. Those blow every Marshall away! Hell, I'd love to get a Wizard Vintage Classic or Modern Classic. From beautiful, "chimey" cleans to extremly defined distortion, they'll do it all! No wonder that AC/DC uses em' and prefers a Wizard over Marshalls.

Argon66

Reaction score
100 watt vs 50 watt.

I am more of a riff player than lead guy, but do both.

I have been using the YJM in 50 watt mode for the most part, but just jammed in 100 watt mode...and holy crap...what a freaken difference.

The low end is way tighter and ballsier. I knew there was a difference, but I guess I really noticed it big time last night.

This beast gotta be played in 100 watt mode man. All the classic riffs I love to play were so much closer in tone and punch wise.

We have the power scaling right? So why not use the 100 watt mode cranked?

I guess if I was a mostly a lead player the 50 watt setting would work...but to me this is a 100 watt tone machine!

You guys use it in 100 watt mode too?

John 14:6

Reaction score
100 watt vs 50 watt.

I have been using the YJM in 50 watt mode for the most part, but just jammed in 100 watt mode...and holy crap...what a freaken difference.

The low end is way tighter and ballsier. I knew there was a difference, but I guess I really noticed it big time last night.

This beast gotta be played in 100 watt mode man. All the classic riffs I love to play were so much closer in tone and punch wise.

I guess if I was a mostly a lead player the 50 watt setting would work...but to me this is a 100 watt tone machine!

i like them both. The 50 watt mode is a little sweeter and the 100 watt mode has more thump to it. It is so cool having both modes in one amp.

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
100 watt vs 50 watt.

My thoughts exactly! :applause: The YJM just sounds so much better in 100w mode! That's what I bought it for: A 100w Marshall Plexi. I think I'll never use it in 50w mode!

Cheers! :thumb:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually am in 100 watt mode-

Just cos i can't be arsed going round the back!

funny_lazy_guy_pictures_19.jpg

:minions:

Redstone

Reaction score
They should have put the 100/50watt mode button on the footswitch. That is the one mod I would actually do if someone comes up with it. I don't use the effets loop anyways :shred:

Oh and I've been wondering what these emoticons would look like if they were all lined up so please ignore the following.

:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

FennRx

Reaction score
That is the one mod I would actually do if someone comes up with it. I don't use the effets loop anyways :shred:

i never did either because my effects are an all-in-one Boss unit. But then I dug out my old DOD Icebox Chorus (anyone remember them?:cool:) and plugged it into the loop....what a difference having the chorus in the loop vs out front.

John 14:6

Reaction score
i never did either because my effects are an all-in-one Boss unit. But then I dug out my old DOD Icebox Chorus (anyone remember them?:cool:) and plugged it into the loop....what a difference having the chorus in the loop vs out front.
Yup, I use my loop all of the time for delays, chorus, flange and vibrato. My phaser, compressor and overdrives are all going into the front of my amp. My YJM100 is the only amp that I have come across which has a loop that does not change my tone or volume level when switched on. The loop on this amp works the way a loop should work. There is the slightest bit of extra hiss when the loop is on, but it is not audible in a band situation.

FennRx

Reaction score
Yup, I use my loop all of the time for delays, chorus, flange and vibrato. My phaser, compressor and overdrives are all going into the front of my amp. My YJM100 is the only amp that I have come across which has a loop that does not change my tone or volume level when switched on. The loop on this amp works the way a loop should work. There is the slightest bit of extra hiss when the loop is on, but it is not audible in a band situation.

no doubt.

i've never been a big effects guy, but i'm starting to get into pedals. i thought for sure the fx loop would be a tone suck, so i was pleasantly surprised. like you said, a slight increase in background noise is it!

custom53

Reaction score
I am un-educated to the YJM100 Marshalls.. How do they compare, if they do, to other Marshalls..?
or at least the ones in my signature.. Is it the "run of the mill" Marshall SLP with a few "extras"..?

Thanks...!!!

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
I am un-educated to the YJM100 Marshalls.. How do they compare, if they do, to other Marshalls..?
or at least the ones in my signature.. Is it the "run of the mill" Marshall SLP with a few "extras"..?

Thanks...!!!

That's exactly what it is! A Marshall 1959SLP with a couple of mods! :cool:

Latest posts