YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
The_Super_Doughnut_by_GreyOfPTA.jpg

Stratslinger

Reaction score
Out of interest, how many YJM owners actually got it for the YJM sound and how many don't use it in this way?

I love Yngwie, but got the amp for indie rock (I gig in a covers and originals band) - this amp is the dream ticket for classic rock sounds in a gig friendly package - i absolutely love it

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't even own an Yngwie album Stratslinger!
I just always wanted a full size Plexi I could use at home!
I use it like a 2 channel amp,unboosted for what I call 'Rock' & use the boost on full for 'Metal'
Works like a charm!:lol:
:thumb:

elcid

Reaction score
Out of interest, how many YJM owners actually got it for the YJM sound and how many don't use it in this way?

I love Yngwie, but got the amp for indie rock (I gig in a covers and originals band) - this amp is the dream ticket for classic rock sounds in a gig friendly package - i absolutely love it

While I don't dislike Yngwie, my band sounds nothing like anything he would even listen to, and I have no where near the ability or desire to have the ability he has. I bought it because it's a plexi that works at reasonable volumes. Short of it being a Nickleback signature amp, no name would have stopped me from buying it.

66 galaxie

VIP Member
Reaction score

I bought it for the features, not the name. I do like Yngwie though.

mAx___

Reaction score
I'm dreaming of this amp since I made the mistake of trying it out at GC...sweetest sound ever...

Dbruce2783

Reaction score
I bought it for the sound, features, look, history, power, it can also , if need be, be used as a weapon of mass destuction against the forces of evil.
Yngwie+J+Malmsteen+Trilogy.jpg

elcid

Reaction score
I bought it for the sound, features, look, history, power, it can also , if need be, be used as a weapon of mass destuction against the forces of evil.
Yngwie+J+Malmsteen+Trilogy.jpg

Is he shooting fire at the dragon, or is the dragon shooting fire at him

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
By the shape of the fire, the dragon is shooting, and he's "fighting it" with his guitar.

Super Marshall

Reaction score
I bought my YJM because its a bad ass Marshall, just a great sounding Marshall. Not because its Yngwie Malmsteen's Signature Marshall. I think it is much like my AFD, its just a great sounding Marshall, PERIOD. Rock on Marshall!!! :dude:

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score
I bought my YJM because its a bad ass Marshall, just a great sounding Marshall. Not because its Yngwie Malmsteen's Signature Marshall. I think it is much like my AFD, its just a great sounding Marshall, PERIOD. Rock on Marshall!!! :dude:

Wait...
You own an AFD and a YJM... :wow:

elcid

Reaction score
This amp is the best Marshall I have ever played.

Two more are on the way. :headbanger::headbanger:

Starting to agree, it may replace the KK as my go to amp and it's leagues ahead of the AFD and Jubilee

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently its Chris Georges favourite amp,which considering what he's got to choose from speaks volumes!
I know Dan from JB's got collared by him when he went to pick mine up (without the footcontroller :( ) so i'd have it in time for Christmas holidays & was telling him its the best amp Marshall have made!:wow:
Make of that what you will & don't shoot the messenger 'Nay Sayers!':lol::lol::lol:

:thumb: