YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Did i not mention i'm a sales man for Marshall........:lol::lol::lol:
Nah messing with you Jazz,i'm a printer :D
:thumb:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Marshall would agree
as well as a huge group of enthusiasts

(I can feel it coming - the storm cloud is brewing on the horizon)

Get the plectrums ready to fire!

Yngwie+Malmsteen+i+has+a+pick.png

:lol::lol::lol:

EDIT:picks for our American friends!:thumb:

Will55555

Reaction score
Out of interest, how many YJM owners actually got it for the YJM sound and how many don't use it in this way?

I love Yngwie, but got the amp for indie rock (I gig in a covers and originals band) - this amp is the dream ticket for classic rock sounds in a gig friendly package - i absolutely love it

1/ Best tone I've ever heard pretty much. :thumb:

2/ Built in attenuation. (This clinched the deal!) :applause:

3/ Plexis are the sexiest looking amps too. :cool:

4/ You can sound like Yngwie albeit a lot slower in my case, and I know he don't like people copying his style so that makes it even better that he will be angry with me. Hahaha!

5/ Noisegate, boost, reverb, self biasing and valve fault indicators are all great too (Added bonus) :D

5/ And if all that is not enough did I mention the Tone? :dude:

I'll be paying for this one for a while but it's worth every cent to me!

I have always admired Malmsteens great tone and while that's not the reason I bought the amp it's pretty sweet that you can get there with the amp.

Since I got this amp I'm going back in time from my usual favourite stuff from the late 80's and 90's to the late 60's and 70's instead.

It's a holiday to more distant musical shores and it's inspiring me to play more often. I cannot complain about anything with this amp. Happy out!

Will55555

Reaction score
Did i not mention i'm a sales man for Marshall........:lol::lol::lol:
Nah messing with you Jazz,i'm a printer :D

Hey Holmes maybe you could do me a life size poster of a wall of the YJM stacks and over time I'll try replace the one on the poster with real ones eh! :naughty:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
That is actually doable on a roll Will!
You'd need a bloody big file though!:wow:
Hows about a 2 metre square doughnut insted!:lol::lol::lol:

Stratslinger

Reaction score
Interesting that no one actually bought the head because of the Yngwie association - genius on the part of Marshall/Yngwie to make this look like a 1959slp. It shows that people see this amp for what it is and not for the name . . . It really is an awesome amp and I would be gobsmacked if a regular 1959 doesnt come out with similar features minus the boost.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well when you think about it the YJM is a bit of an 'odd' signature amp.:wow:
Usually a guitarist will a have some fabled 'one of a kind amp' & then the company will try & match the sound.
In Yngwie's case he's quite happy using normal plexi's & instead of dicking with the sound/look of the thing he's just put on some genuinely useful features on a 1959SLP!
Will EPA & auto biasing make there way onto standard production?
At first I thought yes,but it's been out a while now & nothing else of standard production has received it!
Maybe only LTD edition AFD & YJM will ever have it?
Time will tell I suppose!
In the mean time what do we care,we've got one!:lol::lol::lol:

mAx___

Reaction score
I also like that it is the size of a Major, another Blackmore nod by YJM -and I'm sure the extra space was needed too. ;)

John 14:6

Reaction score
Out of interest, how many YJM owners actually got it for the YJM sound and how many don't use it in this way?

I love Yngwie, but got the amp for indie rock (I gig in a covers and originals band) - this amp is the dream ticket for classic rock sounds in a gig friendly package - i absolutely love it
For me it was both. I love Yngwie's early sound and I wanted to really be able to nail a tone like that. I also love a bunch of other players and their tones as well. Most of my favorite players are Marshall guys or at least have been Marshall guys for part of their careers. Jeff Beck, Gary Moore, Vinnie Moore, Doug Aldrich, Lincoln Brewster, Andy Timmons, Jimmy Page, Billy Gibbons, Darren Housholder, Rex Carroll, Tony MacAlpine, Tony Palacios, Angus Young, George Lynch, Jason Becker, Greg Howe, Ritchie Kotzen, Uli Jon Roth, along with most of the 80's players and the Classic Rock and Blues guys too. This is a gig friendly Marshall Plexi loaded with a ton of features that I beleive will be a perfect fit for me over the years. My biggest desire was to ultimately find MY tone in an amp and not just settle for something that sounded good. I think I have finally done that with the YJM100.:)

John 14:6

Reaction score
Don't care for Malmsteen at all, or doughnuts for that matter.
I wanted Hendrix-Blackmore-Uli Roth- early Gary Moore/Scott Gorham/Brian Robertson vibe at controllable volumes and that's what it delivers, esspecially in combination with the 1960AHW.
Hendrix, Blackmore, Uli Jon Roth and Gary Moore are all some of my biggest infuences too and I wanted an amp that could get those kind of sounds at a manageable volume. I now own an amp that can do that extremely well.:)

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I may have spotted a new guitar to try with this amp!:hmm:

Guitar-Donut--57938.jpg

Do you think Yngwie would approve?:lol::lol::lol:

Red_Label

Reaction score
Yngwie has been my "guitar god" since about 1985 (when I first spun the Rising Force LP), when he "replaced" Randy Rhoads as my #1.

Up to this point, I've been lusting after the 1959RR, but from what I'm reading in this thread, it sounds like I should be looking at the YJM instead. :dude:

Anyways... I've long since become my own man in regards to tone and phrasing, but I've been really wanting a plexi that allows me to be myself for some time and do it at reasonable volumes. From what I gather, but 1959RR definitely does NOT do that... but it sounds like the YJM will. Plus, I have a Carl Martin Plexitone that I could use to hit the front end to keep the volume down at home. It sure sounded GREAT through the Bogner XTC Classic that I used to own (into the Blue channel, with Plexi mode engaged).

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi RedLabel:wave:

I myself would love a RR but like you say,way too loud for indoor use!:(
From your list of requirements I think a YJM would be the ideal amp for you & remember if you decide to take the plunge,pics & your thoughts please!