YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how bad I am!
Upstairs I have a Vox Satchurater & a MXR ZW that I had BEFORE I got my YJM in 2011-
And I STILL haven't tried them!
How bad's that!

:eek:

dash8311

Reaction score
Haha pretty bad.

At least plug them in for a few seconds each to realize how great the YJM really is and that it doesn't need much in front of it :D

Redstone

Reaction score
Pe-dal?? I rarely use pedals through my amp. I have a bad monkey and a boss me-50 but they just collect dust.
124628_1_digitech_bad_monkey_pedal_dbmv.jpg

top_L.jpg

FennRx

Reaction score
I have the me50. I use the ts setting; lately I've found my strat sounds pretty good with the rat

duncan11

Reaction score
Here is goldie going into an EP boost, up just shy of 50% then into the YJM, UNBoosted.

Some Black Crowes-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5rQXj5DPJw"]Goldie does Black Crowes - YouTube[/ame]

I don't need the on board boost anymore imho.....

Here is a clip when i turn the EP off, around the :40 sec mark in this-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GolG5XJtxkg"]EP boost with YJM and Goldie - YouTube[/ame]

You can here it get really weak sounding. Towards the end I re-engage it. Big difference. Almost like two channels if you ask me.

That EP pedal is just what I was seeking for this.

BUT....the Shanks doesn't sound AS full with the EP/YJM.

Sultans of Swing and Black Magic Woman, again YJM unboosted-

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01d3Y7MqKww"]Shanks with EP/YJM - YouTube[/ame]

Redstone

Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Bad Monkey (PhilX?)

I found out about it through him. It works brilliantly with my VM, but it makes my YJM a bit too loud for my liking. Great for a master volume amp though.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is goldie going into an EP boost, up just shy of 50% then into the YJM, UNBoosted.

Some Black Crowes-

Goldie does Black Crowes - YouTube

I don't need the on board boost anymore imho.....

Here is a clip when i turn the EP off, around the :40 sec mark in this-

EP boost with YJM and Goldie - YouTube

You can here it get really weak sounding. Towards the end I re-engage it. Big difference. Almost like two channels if you ask me.

That EP pedal is just what I was seeking for this.

BUT....the Shanks doesn't sound AS full with the EP/YJM.

Sultans of Swing and Black Magic Woman, again YJM unboosted-

Shanks with EP/YJM - YouTube

Sounds good!:thumb:

If I was to get another pedal I think I'd like a decent delay!
What delay pedals are you guys using & do you use them with the FX loop or up front?

:hmm:

duncan11

Reaction score
Sounds good!:thumb:

If I was to get another pedal I think I'd like a decent delay!
What delay pedals are you guys using & do you use them with the FX loop or up front?

:hmm:

Thanks. The only thing in the YJM's loop is a Boss DD7 digital delay. On my AFD, I have a TC flashback, old boss chours, univibe, Boss reverb (I need to remove it I hardly use it) and a Boss harmonist.

I always run my delays in the loop, I don't like the way the retain too much of an imbalance with the dry/wet sound when ran in front. That's a huge reason why I hardly play the JCM1 because of the lack of a loop. The TC has a lot more features imho than the Boss DD7. I used to use a DD6 for many many years, but it fried itself somehow. I actually think it sounded better than the DD7 does for some odd reason.

Argon66

Reaction score
I have been using my trusty old Fulltone ACD V4 in front when I want some extra hair...and a DD3 in the loop (but barely use it).

I am running the ACD at 18V in LP mode (seems more transparent to me). Vol, gain, and tone a touch past noon.

Once in a while I put a Retrosonic phaser in front for some swirly fun.

Thats it kiddies.

P.S. I've stopped jumping channels lately too. With my LP, it has a bit more bite and I'm digging that tone more right now. Tone controls at 7 and CH1 maxed.

Fukken bliss.

66 galaxie

VIP Member
Reaction score

dash8311

Reaction score
I've been following it's progress very closely over the past two years, he has a close knit follow it seems. It'll be a great to finally play one.

Ordered a guitar yesterday... Details to follow in the coming weeks during it's build.

Rodney

Reaction score
For any interested YJM enthusiasts there is a good one on Ebay Australia at present , seems to be in mint condition according to the seller

Grogshla

Reaction score
that amp is way overpriced. For 30 dollars more than they are asking you can get a brand new one over here.

^AXE^

Reaction score
Tube rolling and experimentation weekend coming up.

Going to try 2 6L6GC in the 1 & 3 positions first. Then 2 & 4.

Then 1 2 3 & 4.

004-4_zpsa71bf20a.jpg

Redstone

Reaction score
I've got a Tung-Sol 12AX7 in V1 in the pre-amp. Sounds kinda good, not much of a difference, just a little more grit