YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Argon66

Reaction score
I never use the onboard boost.

My Timmy is the BOMB!

It really brings the amp to life...keeps all the base tone and adds more punch, dynamics and gain.

I heard it was originally designed for vintage Marshalls. They love each other.
I always loved my OCD, but the timmy blows it away.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I trust you mean this Timmy-

timmy-od.jpg

& not this Timmahhh!!!

tumblr_loccmmBDjG1qmn7mjo1_500.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

:applause:

JimiRules

Reaction score
I never use the onboard boost.

My Timmy is the BOMB!

It really brings the amp to life...keeps all the base tone and adds more punch, dynamics and gain.

I heard it was originally designed for vintage Marshalls. They love each other.
I always loved my OCD, but the timmy blows it away.

The Bad Bob Boost is awesome as well. I used it on some of my other amps and it was just "meh". After I got my YJM I was experimenting with all my various overdrives and what not just to see what one would work the best and just by chance I saw the box tucked away. I hooked it up and it was like it was made for the YJM.

Redstone

Reaction score
Wow, I just can't describe how awesome the EP Booster is with my YJM. I don't even turn it off now. I just set it once and leave it, then just stomp it when I turn on the amp. Probably one of the best purchases I've ever made, next to my Guitars and YJM. I'd seriously consider picking one up if you haven't already. Get it fro Thomann.de if you are from Europe so you can always return it if you don't like it, which is very unlikely to happen :lol:

Redstone

Reaction score
i had one. took it back. not worth $120 imho.

Oh well, everyone likes their own tastes. Did you find something else you liked? Or did you just not use a pedal? I normally didn't use any pedals before I got this.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Oh well, everyone likes their own tastes. Did you find something else you liked? Or did you just not use a pedal? I normally didn't use any pedals before I got this.

Your avatar keeps throwing me off :lol:

Looks great though!

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
Wow, I just can't describe how awesome the EP Booster is with my YJM. I don't even turn it off now. I just set it once and leave it, then just stomp it when I turn on the amp. Probably one of the best purchases I've ever made, next to my Guitars and YJM. I'd seriously consider picking one up if you haven't already. Get it fro Thomann.de if you are from Europe so you can always return it if you don't like it, which is very unlikely to happen :lol:

Might pick one up as well! :D

Redstone

Reaction score
Your avatar keeps throwing me off :lol:

Looks great though!

Thanks :lol: I've been trying to figure out a way I can get all my guitars into a single shot with the YJM. I can fit two, but 3 doesn't seem to want to happen. I was going to wait to see if I could get that 2203 & cab and try to get that into a photo with the rest of my gear, but the dude sold it before I got the money together :( Oh well, another will come around eventually.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks :lol: I've been trying to figure out a way I can get all my guitars into a single shot with the YJM. I can fit two, but 3 doesn't seem to want to happen. I was going to wait to see if I could get that 2203 & cab and try to get that into a photo with the rest of my gear, but the dude sold it before I got the money together :( Oh well, another will come around eventually.

Just remember, every note you play through a 2203 are notes that won't be going through the YJM100 :hmm:

Redstone

Reaction score
Just remember, every note you play through a 2203 are notes that won't be going through the YJM100 :hmm:

Good point :hmm: I could always run both at once. That would be awesome. I love doing it with my JCM1 and YJM, but its hard to blend the two properly.

Redstone

Reaction score
I play my 2203 and YJM in stereo, it's awesome.

I'm still determined to get a 2203. I would have loved to have gotten the one I posted about a few days ago since it came with a cab so I could have a full stack. I'd love to hear a comparison of a JCM800 2203 and a JMP 2203. Time to do some youtube searching. Is there anyone on the forum with both? I might make a thread and see if there are any takers.

Redstone

Reaction score
How often do you guys bias your YJMs? I just biased mine for the first time in a month or so. Also, have you played around with the bias trim? Mine is set directly in the middle since I got it. I might try turning it up and re-biasing the amp to see if it does anything.

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
How often do you guys bias your YJMs? I just biased mine for the first time in a month or so. Also, have you played around with the bias trim? Mine is set directly in the middle since I got it. I might try turning it up and re-biasing the amp to see if it does anything.

About every 6 months Red-never fails!
Haven't messed with the bias-it's set correct & sounds crunchalicious-till I hit the boost & it goes Holy ape-shit!
Still think Marshall are going to have to try hard to get a modern amp to whip this bad boy!

:cool:

Redstone

Reaction score
About every 6 months Red-never fails!
Haven't messed with the bias-it's set correct & sounds crunchalicious-till I hit the boost & it goes Holy ape-shit!
Still think Marshall are going to have to try hard to get a modern amp to whip this bad boy!

:cool:

Best word ever :lol:

I'm waiting to see if Marshall Release a version of some of the Vintage Series amps with EPA. If they don't do it soon, I'm thinking of getting a used 1987x and adding a Master Volume to it so I can have something to take to college and not worry about it getting the crap beaten out of it. I'll leave my YJM at home and play it when I'm there. I wouldn't want my YJM getting battered in college :lol: There are plenty of 1987xs and 1959slps out there, but YJMs are too hard to come by for a good price now. Plus a 1987x is like 10kg lighter than the YJM. Thats probably since it doesn't come with any doughnuts or any way of unleashing the fury :( College is going to be hard without my YJM, and I'll probably have to leave my LP and Gretsch at home too :(

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Red-time may prove me wrong but I'm sure I read the EPA was an Yngwie only thing that got 'nicked' for one other amp-because Slash saw it!
You may get 1 watt buttons & the like but I'm pretty sure EPA is a one off feature (well 2 due to :slash:) & that's it!
We'll see!!!

:agreed:

Redstone

Reaction score
Red-time may prove me wrong but I'm sure I read the EPA was an Yngwie only thing that got 'nicked' for one other amp-because Slash saw it!
You may get 1 watt buttons & the like but I'm pretty sure EPA is a one off feature (well 2 due to :slash:) & that's it!
We'll see!!!

:agreed:

Yep, the EPA thing was designed for the YJM and the YJM only. Slash did nick it, but left out the 50w mode. WTF does the AFD need EPA for anyway? Its got a Master Volume :lol: I still reckon Marshall should slap it on some of the Vintage series amps. Before I got my VM, I was going to look at a JTM45. Damn thing was too loud so I left it behind. Sounded great though. Not as good as a 1959 or a YJM, but good. The guy in the store recommended the VM since it was based a bit off the JTM. Think about it though. Would you have bought a YJM if it had no EPA and was loud as F@@k. I'd have probably got an AFD or a JCM800. I'm glad the YJm does have EPA. How else would you get such an awesome tone at super low volumes :shred:

EDIT: Let me re-phrase that last part.

How would you unleash he fury and the power of doughnuts with out the YJM :shred: