How do you guys deal with road ragers?

• Thread starter mott555
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
For close-proximity road ragers, I typically find that all they need is a nice hot cup of tea and a few moments of good conversation. That's why I carry the Road Rage Emergency Tea Kit with me at all times. When some unruly biddy starts bawkin' at me for pulling out in front of her at a slower speed than she's traveling, I simply pull her over and offer a cup of hot tea and some pleasant conversation.

Works every time. :)

mott555

Reaction score
I like to keep a very respectable distance between me and the vehicle in front of me. Especially if it's a motorcycle. But many drivers here can't stand that there's a gap in front of me and just have to whip around me and get in that space. So I'll slow down to widen the gap back up, and another driver passes me to get in there. The net effect is I go slower than the rest of traffic because everyone else is passing me instead of respecting my safety bubble.

MarkyMark

Reaction score
I like to keep a very respectable distance between me and the vehicle in front of me. Especially if it's a motorcycle. But many drivers here can't stand that there's a gap in front of me and just have to whip around me and get in that space. So I'll slow down to widen the gap back up, and another driver passes me to get in there. The net effect is I go slower than the rest of traffic because everyone else is passing me instead of respecting my safety bubble.

I always try and keep that distance as well. I had a brake line fail on me before and it took everything I had to avoid hitting the car in front of me. Ever since then, I've made a point of leaving a safe distance for the speed I'm traveling.

This is also something I taught to my gal. She drives an older car and had never thought of that being a possibility!

mott555

Reaction score
I always try and keep that distance as well. I had a brake line fail on me before and it took everything I had to avoid hitting the car in front of me. Ever since then, I've made a point of leaving a safe distance for the speed I'm traveling.

This is also something I taught to my gal. She drives an older car and had never thought of that being a possibility!

Exactly! I've never had brakes fail before, but since I drive a 7,000 pound vehicle I really don't want to take chances with other drivers' lives. If they fail whoever is in front of me is getting totally smeared.

MarkyMark

Reaction score
Exactly! I've never had brakes fail before, but since I drive a 7,000 pound vehicle I really don't want to take chances with other drivers' lives. If they fail whoever is in front of me is getting totally smeared.

Exactly! I consider a vehicle a weapon... My truck also isn't as quick to stop as some little bean car. It really pisses me off when I'm towing (which I do quite often) and someone gets into my space.

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
All those years of commuting in the Birmingham Metro Area ( A coupla million folks or so) gave me multiple moments of road fits, including getting rear-ended a few times (including a bitch putting her make-up on at 70 mph). Moving down here to the coast has been fabulous because there are still stupid people, there isn't nearly as many of them.

I agree totally with the concepts of quick, nimble and great brakes. I drive a super charged AMG Mercedes C23 and wouldn't have anything other than a hot rod - period.