• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marijuana

• Thread starter Ghostman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I would respectfully argue with and disagree with your assumption that weed kills motivation. why type of weed are you talking about? ALL weed?? if so, you are seriously mistaken. maybe most indica strains, as a result of having a more sedative effect could decrease levels of motivation in some people (ok, is that such a terrible thing, compared to what other drugs do to people?), but most sativa strains do the opposite. they stimulate the brain and the majority of them do not have any sedative effect at all whatsoever.

EXCELLENT point! Something I always forget to mention.

I'm a pretty high strung dude with a high metabolism and I always preferred the wheel chair weed. Probably due to my anxiety/nervousness and insomnia.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have family members who have been o.d.ing on Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, and doughnuts for decades. Giant fat asses who can hardly walk now. You can o.d. on anything.

I was the longhaired pot smoking guitar player they looked down on when we we younger. Now, I'm in much better shape than them in more ways than one in "spite" of the fact that I have a little toke now and again.

Most things, even good things can get to be a problem if taken in excess.

I'd like to stay home and get b.j.'s all day long. But if I did that I'd have to blow off all my responsibilities, which would pretty much f up my life.

Hard to believe b.j.'s could be bad, as out of my top five things in life they're 4 of them, but taken in excess could mess up one's life just as bad as anything like weed or booze.

Thats in a non department of corrections situation of course. Not dogging anyone in prison. Only gay for the stay is your choice. I mean really, what else do you have to do..:D

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
Grow your own, you'll never run out again. Outdoor is best IMO.
That's definitely the best! If I were to ever go into growing, it would be outdoor!

By the way, I just got an email this morning, I'M APPROVED! :fever:

So I'm now going to be an official legal dealer..Wow, for a long time there, I never thought I would see the day..:shock:

I guess I'll be turning in my notice on my current job, I think they'll be wanting me to work 15-20 hours on weekends..Big deal, I'm retired anyhoo, and the film work I've been doing is almost always happening during the week!

Finished up a movie last week, starring and directed by Mario Van Peebles..One of the nicest A-list stars I've ever met! A real pleasure to work for!

DaDoc

Reaction score
So f Ed up to see ads on TV ,Craigslist, etc to buy weed. Nearly every gas station/variety stores have a wall 8' x30' wall of bongs. Even the crazy glass bongs are dirt cheap.
If I were 20 again, this world would be heaven, cause 26% THC is cheaper than its ever been, who knew?
Back in the day weed was 7-10% now its nearly 30%.. If we had the same potency then, we d all be knuckleheads by now.

Well, that's another argument I disagree with.."The stuff that's around these days is much stronger than it was back in the day!"

Hell, that's a good thing! If one can take a single hit and get the same effect that used to take smoking an entire doobie or two it's MUCH better on one's lungs..Which was always the part of marijuana usage that concerned me.

And besides, not all the legal stuff is super potent..All the shops have the THC levels, along with the CBD, ect. listed in the different strains they sell, the law requires that..If one wants a lower potency strain it's available, along with the super strong stuff if that's what they prefer..Here in Montana, recreational can't be more than 29-30% THC, although the medical grade stuff can be stronger.

I'm still learning, but it seems a higher CBD content makes for a mellower buzz.

Last edited:

DaDoc

Reaction score
EXCELLENT point! Something I always forget to mention.

I'm a pretty high strung dude with a high metabolism and I always preferred the wheel chair weed. Probably due to my anxiety/nervousness and insomnia.
Yup, I've always been wound up pretty tight myself, ever since I was a kid, and it's a total PITA! People who don't have those problems have no clue how it is trying to go through life having to deal with anxiety and insomnia.

For me, discovering weed was a godsend. The only side effect I don't care for is the munchies..:lol:

Last edited:

mcblink

Reaction score
Well, that's another argument I disagree with.."The stuff that's around these days is much stronger than it was back in the day!"

Hell, that's a good thing! If one can take a single hit and get the same effect that used to take smoking an entire doobie or two it's MUCH better on one's lungs..Which was always the part of marijuana usage that concerns me.

And besides, not all the legal stuff is super potent..All the shops have the THC levels, along with the CBD, ect. listed in the different strains they sell, the law requires that..If one wants a lower potency strain it's available, along with the super strong stuff if that's what they prefer.

I'm still learning, but it seems a higher CBD content makes for a mellower buzz.
Actually yeah. All of the highest % strains I've seen, in the mid-upper 30s...they don't look good, smell good, or taste good.

It's all about the terpenes, and how they interact with not just the THC, but the other cannabinoids. Some of the "stoniest" stuff usually doesn't have some outrageously high percentage of THC at all!

DaDoc

Reaction score
Actually yeah. All of the highest % strains I've seen, in the mid-upper 30s...they don't look good, smell good, or taste good.

It's all about the terpenes, and how they interact with not just the THC, but the other cannabinoids. Some of the "stoniest" stuff usually doesn't have some outrageously high percentage of THC at all!

That's the stuff I'm looking forward to learning about..I've always had a pretty good fundamental knowledge, but there's a whole 'nother scientific aspect to it these days.

Calebz

Reaction score
Yup, I've always been wound up pretty tight myself, ever since I was a kid, and it's a total PITA! People who don't have those problems have no clue how it is having to go through life having to deal with anxiety and insomnia.

For me, discovering weed was a godsend. The only side effect I don't care for is the munchies..:lol:

Same here.

And the munchies are a real thing to watch out for. I got a bit chubby in my 20s and again in my early 40s. I attribute a lot of that to my munchies habit. Having some control in that department is definitely a good thing. 😄

XTRXTR

Reaction score
I don't know if they killed that program or not in Colorado. My neighbors used to grow for qualified medical persons. When amendment 64 passed in 2012 indoor grow supply stores popped up everywhere, I dabbled with the growing for a while.

It's a bit stupid that the amendment does not allow outdoor grows. Maybe that is a municipal thing. You have to have a secured fence to keep the kids and I guess thieves away. Think of all the energy savings not to mention the size of an outdoor plant can get 10-14 feet tall where indoor is about 6 feet so the yield suffers as well. There are likely growers that can get taller indoor with a small warehouse. In a world trying to go green outdoor should be allowed to save energy of fans, pumps, lights, etc.

Maybe in the future there will be an Amendment 64.a to allow the personal use outdoor thing. The stigma needs to go away and will if they can move it off the scheduled drug list. I have never read about anyone dying from using marijuana unless there were also on many other drugs or alcohol at the time.

My lady is very high anxiety, OCD, etc and I'm ADHD with really bad memory recall and loss of train of thought "ooh shiny". It works well though because I can't remember why she pissed me off😂 I only use weed when I have a headache and it is always an edible. She wakes and bakes, then eats and sleeps a nap, wakes and bakes again...all day never gets fat, super high metabolism, she can't relax without it.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Honest question.
With the high levels of THC these days, and some of you smoking up daily (not a judgement here) besides the pain killing properties, do you not get baked?
Does it not impare some functions getting baked like that all the time?
Personally I have no need to get buzzed every day from anything. I have other ways to deal with life.
Anyways just asking. It seems the "health" properties keep surfacing but not much mention of getting stoned all the time.

mcblink

Reaction score
Honest question.
With the high levels of THC these days, and some of you smoking up daily (not a judgement here) besides the pain killing properties, do you not get baked?
Personally I have no need to get buzzed every day from anything. I have other ways to deal with life.
Anyways just asking. It seems the "health" properties keep surfacing but not much mention of getting stoned all the time.
I dunno, we give children literal speed for ADD (Adderall is Dextroamphetamine)...it's a hard drug, and a Schedule II Controlled Substance in the US. One might think that this should cause impairment, right? At certain levels, absolutely it does. But for those types of people, it can also be of great benefit, or "medicinal value". THC helps a great many people with various types of issues, and sure, at certain levels, they can get baked! But just because they are partaking (and sometimes quite frequently) doesn't necessarily mean they're just obliterated all the time. I do enjoy getting baked from time to time, but I usually have to go to edibles or concentrates to do so. However, I also take giant bong rips a few times throughout the day and I don't get what I would call impaired at all. Tolerance has a lot to do with it too. A double shot of whisky probably won't get you or I drunk, but if a teetotaler tried it, they might catch a good buzz...

DaDoc

Reaction score
Honest question.

As I said before, with high THC levels you just smoke less..It's like taking a drink and setting it aside as opposed to sitting down with a bottle and getting plastered. Sure, one can get stoned out if they smoke a lot, or they can just have a little bit for attitude or mood adjustment.

I prefer Sativa to Indica most of the time, it's more energizing. Although Indica is better for getting a good night's sleep.

I'm not a hardcore daily smoker myself, although I used to be..Nor do I smoke before going to work, but I often indulge at night after work to relax, especially if I've had a bad day.

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Honest question.
Yeah I don't do it unless I'm in some real pain then I can relax maybe nap and recover feeling much better. I have ADHD and too much makes me paranoid about myself. I start wondering if I'm breathing right, is my heart beating properly, are my kidneys working. So on the rare occasion I might do a hit for social reasons it actually puts me in this weird self conscious state rather than enjoying the moment IF I do too much.

Edibles have more exact dosages now and I try to stay with 10-20 mg THC. I can still function very easily I don't get paranoid but I do need a few munchies around. Without munchies around I just say no or go get munchies at the ready first.

Adderall I use in small doses as well. A real ADHD person knows that its easy to prepare to do a task, maybe take a second look at the plan, make sure everything is in place for the plan to be enabled. Soon hours have gone by and all I've done is prepare to do the task. Or I've thought myself into circles and can't break out of the loop. Adderall gets me out the door and on the task within minutes. The come down is not good as my concentration gets even worse than if I had not taken it. Feels like my brain is stutter stepping and double checking everything. Of course the benefit is that the task is completed. Then I need diazapam when I get home to relax or I get anxiety like I forgot something, left something on, etc. Weed does not help with that kind of stuff it makes it worse.

Coffee or caffeine stays in my system for two days - I don't sleep or get anything done. Its one of the worst drugs on the planet. If do a coca-cola the combination of caffeine and sugar is really bad for me mentally.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
It's unavoidable that every now and then I get a whiff of someone lighing up a joint somewhere. Years ago the smell was distinctive, and I knew what it was, but in the past few years I started to smell something different, something stronger, that didn't smell like marijuana as I understood the smell to be from times past. This new smell is stronger, more pungent, and reminds me of a skunk in full ass blast mode more than it does anything floral or herbal. I have come to learn that this smell is from newer strains of the weed that are bred for a higher THC content.

Well, that shit STINKS. And it can be smelled a long way off. Don't think you're hiding your usage of that stuff from anybody. Its odor is powerful and lingers a long time. It'd be really hard to hide that stench.

XTRXTR

Reaction score
It's unavoidable that every now and then I get a whiff of someone lighing up a joint somewhere. Years ago the smell was distinctive, and I knew what it was, but in the past few years I started to smell something different, something stronger, that didn't smell like marijuana as I understood the smell to be from times past. This new smell is stronger, more pungent, and reminds me of a skunk in full ass blast mode more than it does anything floral or herbal. I have come to learn that this smell is from newer strains of the weed that are bred for a higher THC content.

Well, that shit STINKS. And it can be smelled a long way off. Don't think you're hiding your usage of that stuff from anybody. Its odor is powerful and lingers a long time. It'd be really hard to hide that stench.
You are probably smelling a grow something like a Diesel strain.