YJM100 - 'The Ultimate Plexi' thread!

• Thread starter Holme
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Redstone

Reaction score
Hey there, Redstone! I'am visiting Hastings this time and I'am going to visit Brighton and London as well! Gonna be great. I've been to Cornwall already and that was really sweet! I'am going to visit Denmark street in London, that's for sure, so I don't need to worry! :thumb: As for the footswitch, I mostly turn the reverb on and leave it on when playing, don't engage the boost very often and have never used the FX-Loop! :lol::lol:

If you are in Brighton you must check out The Guitar Amp & Keyboard Centre (GAK) if you get a chance, its not too far from the main pier, only a 10-15 minute walk. Its where I got my Les Paul. Its a really awesome store, heaps of great guitars. If you can get to the store, look for the guy in the video below, he is really nice and helpful, let him know Jamie from Ireland sent you lol.
Gibson - 2013 Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Plaintop VOS Demo at GAK - YouTube
Have fun in the UK :D

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
If you are in Brighton you must check out The Guitar Amp & Keyboard Centre (GAK) if you get a chance, its not too far from the main pier, only a 10-15 minute walk. Its where I got my Les Paul. Its a really awesome store, heaps of great guitars. If you can get to the store, look for the guy in the video below, he is really nice and helpful, let him know Jamie from Ireland sent you lol.
Gibson - 2013 Custom Shop 1958 Les Paul Plaintop VOS Demo at GAK - YouTube
Have fun in the UK :D

Thank ya very much. I'll do that if I get the chance and play that great guitar!

:applause: :thumb:

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, guys! I'am going to go on holiday to the UK for the next 10 days! I already miss my YJM and my guitars! I'll probably get the chance to post something on here but I can't guarantee that! Anyway, don't forget to

RELEASE THE FOOKIN' FURY!!

:lol::lol::lol:

remember to visit the factory at milton keynes... your life won't be complete if you wouldn't

John 14:6

Reaction score
I think the virtues of that discussion were if it is worth it to buy the YJM off ebay without the footswitch. For some odd reason there seems to be guys selling them with no footswitch and if bought at a fair price could the footswitch be gained...
That is why I checked with Marshall and posted the footswitch info here. I have seen two YJM100's listed on ebay recently without footswitches. That would be a deal breaker for me. I told the one guy who was still selling his amp on ebay and he has since added the footswitch info to his listing.

FennRx

Reaction score
Okay, guys! I'am going to go on holiday to the UK for the next 10 days! I already miss my YJM and my guitars! I'll probably get the chance to post something on here but I can't guarantee that! Anyway, don't forget to

RELEASE THE FOOKIN' FURY!!

be careful though....i found out that two YJMs in 100w mode with the EPA at 1:00 can cause a brownout. We had so much juice flowing we tripped the friggin breakers! But sweet baby jesus was it fun. :shred:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
be careful though....i found out that two YJMs in 100w mode with the EPA at 1:00 can cause a brownout. We had so much juice flowing we tripped the friggin breakers! But sweet baby jesus was it fun. :shred:

Double deafness!!!

:fever:

Redstone

Reaction score
1 YJM on 100 watt mode with the EPA maxed

My house:
Falling_building_gif.gif

Argon66

Reaction score
Curious how most of you are setting up your YJM?

do most of you set up your YJM pretty cranked and then dial back the guitar volume for cleaner tones?
(Settings?)

-or-

do you set up clean or on the verge of breakup and then drive her with a boost or overdrive?
(Settings?)

Ealdst

Reaction score
Curious how most of you are setting up your YJM?

do most of you set up your YJM pretty cranked and then dial back the guitar volume for cleaner tones?
(Settings?)

-or-

do you set up clean or on the verge of breakup and then drive her with a boost or overdrive?
(Settings?)

I go for option 3! - Set the amp pretty much cranked (channels jumped, volume 1 on 9 or 10, volume 2 on about 7) then lighten up on my picking to clean the sound up (amazing how much you can actually clean up or drive this amp just with varying your right hand attack). Then I use a boost if I want that little push over the cliff.

duncan11

Reaction score
I go for option 3! - Set the amp pretty much cranked (channels jumped, volume 1 on 9 or 10, volume 2 on about 7) then lighten up on my picking to clean the sound up (amazing how much you can actually clean up or drive this amp just with varying your right hand attack). Then I use a boost if I want that little push over the cliff.

What I do is if I need that extra....push over the cliff...you know what I do?

Put it up to eleven...

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these TDK bad boys for the garden!

image-2-for-the-ticket-03-06-11-gallery-879233132.jpg

And yes the volume knob does actually finish at the number 11!

tdkboombox-4.jpg

:applause:

JimiRules

Reaction score
But it's only marked to 10, so I guess they took Marti de Bergi's advice and just made 10 a little louder and kept that as the top number.....

They made 10 the highest number because if your homeowners insurance knew it really went to eleven, they would drop you. With all the FURY these things unleash all of us definitely fall into the high risk bracket!

dbgmd1981

Reaction score
Greetings,
I was kindly referred here by the most knowledgable crossroadsnyc who turned me on to the YJM amp scene. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to hear that I can't F___ING FIND ONE! Has Marshall not heard of supply and demand?
Sorry to whine, but if anyone has a line on one please keep me in mind.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome of a newcomer.
dbgmd1981

Redstone

Reaction score
Greetings,
I was kindly referred here by the most knowledgable crossroadsnyc who turned me on to the YJM amp scene. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to hear that I can't F___ING FIND ONE! Has Marshall not heard of supply and demand?
Sorry to whine, but if anyone has a line on one please keep me in mind.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome of a newcomer.
dbgmd1981

You are in luck! Someone has one for sale. Send a message to the user "qbalzuo". He just posted today that he wants to sell his YJM. Maybe you guys can arrange something. If you like in Ireland or the UK have a look at this XMusic :: AMPS :: Guitar Amps :: Heads :: MARSHALL YNGWIE MALMSTEEN 100W HEAD

Here is a link to the user selling the YJM: MarshallForum.com - View Profile: qbalzuo

AllenCollinsExplorer

Reaction score
Hey Redstone, did you mean something like this? :D

It's definitley a great store, lot's of great guitars and guys, who really know their stuff. It was a pleasure visiting it and I will come back someday. Brighton is a great town as well, the pier was awesome! When I visited GAK, I didn't know which Les Paul I should try first but then I spotted the guitar, that I always wanted to try but never really had the chance. There was a nice, sunburst Gibson Firebird in the corner. I played it through a Marshall Kerry King and a 1936 2x12 cab with V30s. Sounded great, but I think it'll sound even better with a YJM and Greenbacks! I also noticed something like THAT in Hastings: :lol::lol::lol:

Someone obviously tried to release the Fury! :lol::lol::lol: